Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cape San Blas Part I (Shark on the Menu)

We just got home from a week down in Cape San Blas (a peninsula southeast from Panama City). We had a great week with great weather, company, wildlife, and food. Last night we ended up having Black Tip Shark for dinner. It was actually very good and here are a few pictures of what we ate. I got to help reel this one in as there were 4 sharks caught in all at a length of approx. 5 feet on each one. Lee and Dane would take the bait on the back of the kayak about 200 yards out in the ocean with a weight keeping it down. Then they would watch the poles and wait for action. There were a lot more strikes than the 4 caught and I must say it was exciting for everyone including the kids. I'm holding the net in this picture to keep him from swinging his head towards my foot and biting me. They have no bones and can bite their own tail...I wasn't acting like I caught him with this net (ha!)...enjoy the pictures and there will be more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,
We love the pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It helps us to stay connected to your family. I prayed for your safety while you were gone. Thanks to the Lord that He kept all of you well and safe. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

dang..whatever happened to just putzing out on the lake at table rock and dropping a hook with a cricket on it?

Looks like a great time. I'm glad you have the in-law relationships you have. You're lucky.

Scott