Tuesday, March 3, 2009

City of Angels 09'


This is a picture of me and 3 of the Angels in Cozumel, Mexico. I loved them all, but I made a special connection with Gustavo (Goose) in the red shirt. He has two sisters at the orphanage and is very protective of his sisters and was considered a wild spirit with a bad temper. He had good reason to be over-protective of his sisters after the abuse they had been suffering from before the City of Angels took them in. God did some neat things through my love and attention towards him and I can't wait to see Gustavo in July.

I am asking a favor that I have stayed away from so far...I'm asking anyone who reads this blog to sow into our mission trip to the City of Angels this summer. I have to raise up to $800 and am asking the friends and family that read this blog to consider contributing. Marcie is not going with me this year and I've purposely tried to stay away from purging from those close to me, especially when your 401k has taken a hit. Call it naivety and the fact I don't have a 401k, but we have decided to not take part in the world's recession, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask (ha!)

Please don't feel pressured to give, as I would want you to be convicted by the Holy Spirit to give...not out of obligation or guilt. If you feel convicted, just make the check out to Landmark church of Christ, 1800 Halcyon Blvd., Montgomery, AL, 36117. Put Mexico Mission in the memo on the bottom left, attention: Todd Miller. I will try and not do this in the future unless I absolutely have to, so thank you for taking the time to read this. My heart continues to go out to orphans as I can't imagine growing up without the parents I was blessed with. Blessings to all of you and I promise my next post will be back to normal!

Todd

No comments: