Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ciudad de Angeles

We have our final meeting tonight for our mission trip to the Ciudad de Angeles (City of Angels).  Our team of 32 meets here at 4:30a.m. Saturday morning and we head off to the Atlanta Airport.  We will eventually take a direct flight onto the island of Cozumel.  From there I have made arrangements to get us to our Villas and prepare to let our light shine for the Angels.

I wanted to thank all of you who have sewn into this trip as it was such a blessing last year and I can't wait to see the Angels again.  God has continued to awaken a special place in my heart for orphans as He keeps sending me to places such as this.  I particularly can't wait to see Gustavo (aka Goose).

F.Y.I. a typical day goes like this: 8:00a.m. meeting with our coordinators, 8:30 a group leaves for the Vacation Bible School we put on for the Angels and the other group leaves for the worksite as they help build on the new orphanage landsite.  11:30 V.B.S. is over and we take the Angels back to our villa for lunch and games till 1:30.  2:00 The guys wrap up their workday in the hot and high humidity of Cozumel and head back to the villa.  2:30-4 is supposed to be rest time, but with a bunch of high school guys...it usually doesn't happen (ha)!  3:30 We will meet and give the plan for our 4-6 Sports Camp time with the Angels.  6:30-7:30 is Dinner.  7:30-9:30 is team devotional and planning time.  They love to worship so this usually goes late.

Our last day there is Friday and we have a free day to have some fun.  Last year Marcie and I went snorkeling and saw a 7 to 8 foot shark, among other beautiful things.  

Pray for a "covering" on our trip physically, spiritually, and emotionally.  Pray for the fruit of the Spirit to be evident in us as we let our light shine to the Angels.  Pray for supernatural energy throughout the week for us (especially me) as I am leading the trip, vbs, and sports camp times at night.  Patience is a virtue...right Dad!  Love you guys and will give you an update when I get back.

Last but not least...pray for Marcie and the boys as I will be gone 8 days from them, yet again, and they will be traveling some as well.  Pray for the same covering over them and patience for Marcie.

Todd

2 comments:

Karie said...

I know this trip is such a blessing for all of those you meet! Blessings on you and all going with you. Marcie if you want to swing by Monroe on your way home from your adventures!!!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in my prayers as you minister to "the least of these". Marcie, you too, are in our prayers. Love you, Nana