God has really been moving a lot of the teens hearts in our youth group. It's really been a blessing to be a part of what's been going on here at Landmark. I usually don't tell you guys what's going on too much ministry wise, so I thought I'd put up a couple photos. Indulge me this one time. This happened last night after our class and I've been praising God as I've been amazed at how many teens have been coming to me wanting to be baptized. What's wonderful about it is they are making a personal decision that the Spirit is convicting them of. We have had about 25 baptisms this past year...I know you're probably laughing at me putting up a number, but come on...only God could do that!! I'm thankful to be along for the ride and that Marcie and I get to be used for such a time as this.
If you look closely you can see a couple of little heads at the front watching...what a joy for the boys to see most of these baptisms. It's fun as parents, teens, and kids crowd up on stage up close to the baptistery. This happened after I had the teens completely lead worship last night and sharing their own testimonies. Can you believe we had 120 teens last night?? I know, there I go again with numbers...but again, only God could do that as a year ago we had 50 coming on Wednesday nights. It may not appear so by this article (ha), but I've never felt more humbled to be a part of what God is doing in youth ministry than I am right now. Pray the teens keep encountering God when they enter the Firehouse! 2 Corinthians 3:7-18...guess I should not be surprised at what God is doing. Blessings to everyone!!
3 comments:
What a Blessing for those teens to be getting some good MEAT! Sometimes we under estimate where kids are at sometimes. Praise God for the growth!
This is what it is all about!!! We love you. Mom
I love you!! God created you to be where you are right now, doing what He had planned for you from the beginning. How cool is that?
Post a Comment