The snake ended up being a good teaching opportunity as Isaac had wanted to hold the snake all day long but was fighting fear. This happened to be on the day I was teaching at Harding lectureship. As soon as I got back at about 5:30, Isaac immediately overcame his fear and started holding it. If you look closely it was wrapping itself around his arm above and his leg below but he continued to smile as he was so proud.
They were very careful the whole time with the snake and eventually let it go and went about catching lizards, frogs, turtles, and spiders. Plenty to do on the 180 acres! Mom, aren't you glad they did this 2 days before you arrived!!
5 comments:
What are little boys made of????rats,SNAKES, and puppy dog tails. Yes, I'm not too disappointed that I missed the snake. I do love these boys and miss them. Nana
and I thought your teaching moment was going to be about the snake and what it did to Adam. Go figure. Actually what it did to Eve, I guess.
thanks for not going on hiatus for too long.
UScott
Okay, you've got me wondering if the Meador boys are missing out on life. The peak of excitement around here is when we get to go to Blockbusters! I hope they don't end up on a couch saying, "If only my parents had taken me spelunking and let me handle snakes...";)
Happy Birthday, Isaac!! We love you!! Your present will be late, but Easton's will be early.;)
Aunt Shelli
Cool pictues. Is it a 'rat' snake? It looks about four feet long. Stay safe. Papaw
No Scott, I wasn't thinking of Eve, more like Mark 16:17,18 - These signs will accompany those who believe:...they will be able to handle snakes with safety...
Todd
Post a Comment