Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime



Thanks to Scott (and our wives) we were able to go to a place in the middle of New York where there are beautiful rolling hills and a lot of history. Abner Doubleday invented the wonderful game of baseball in Cooperstown in 1839 and therefore 100 years later they inducted the first class in the Hall of Fame that you see above. We had the nostalgic feeling throughout our time in town and in the hall as you looked at the greats enshrined for their place in history. I couldn't help but feel the rush inside to put on the cleats and grab a bat and see what I still have...or don't have...or never had!!

(Photos include Babe Ruth's locker above with the original inductee class: Us outside the hall; original baseball gear from 1830's - 1900; Gashouse gang uniform; Stan the Man and his locker; Me standing next to Stan the Man's enshrinement; and the enfamous hitting averages placed on balls in the strike zone for Ted Williams...there are more!!)

As you'll see below the hall photos, we also had a good time on a beautiful course down south towards Pennsylvania. High rough and hard greens hurt the ego a bit, but we had a great time nonetheless as Dad must have been feeling nostalgic and almost beat us! Thanks Scott for putting this together as I loved my time with you and Dad and you'll have to tell me the results of a little bet you told me about.

Remember...God is in a good mood! Todd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry. We did have a great time didn't we? I did scare you guys a little on the golf course, didn't I? Maybe next time. DAD

Anonymous said...

Yeah...magical times. And what happens in cooperstown, stays in cooperstown. Man, did I stink playing golf! thanks for indulging me and going guys!