Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Creation

Last week concluded one of the most amazing weeks I have ever had in youth ministry...praise God! At Junior Impact, no other way to explain it, we had an outpouring of the Spirit that I had never experienced in ministry before. God touched and spoke through many young teenagers that night and His presence was so evident that the teens couldn't stop praising Him! I still get chills and smile thinking about it as there is much more to describe what happened in room 153 of Ezell at Lipscomb, but I'll let your imagination run with it. The teens described it as somewhat a fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel described in Acts 2. Call me sometime and I'll share the testimony of God's power with you as many baptisms followed.

The picture above is two guys from Senior impact that gave their life fully to Christ. In all, 17 teens gave their life to Christ as a result of God moving and convicting hearts last week at Junior and Senior Impact. I am so thankful I get to be along for the ride as I truly enjoyed passing on the gift of the Holy Spirit through baptism and asking Hannah (our female youth minister) to baptize most of the girls.

You should have seen the freedom of worship that was displayed by these teens all week and the transparency and ministering to each other that flowed all week...many adults could have become the pupils to those they had been teaching. I know I was completely humbled by the way our teens loved and ministered to each other and recognized the presence of the Spirit moving so freely through them.

I want to end by saying...my wife is amazing. Marcie came with the boys and we roomed together through Junior Impact and then she took the kids to see cousins and friends the next two nights. The way she does these things so unselfishly for our boys is amazing and she does it without thinking of her own needs a lot of the time. It's not being "military", it's being Jesus to our boys in ways they don't even realize. I couldn't do ministry right now if I wasn't married to Marcie and the power of God moving at Impact may not have happened for those teens at Impact. I have been praying for an outpouring for some time. Thank you Marcie for letting me minister!! I love you God and I love you my precious family.

See you in Springfield Mom and Dad!!

Humbly,
Todd

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to hear that good things are happening with our young people. So much of the time, we only hear the bad. You are right on about Marcie, she is one of a kind. We can't wait to see everybody. Mom

Anonymous said...

I love you!! Thank you for being such a positive role model and influence on these kids and for allowing God to work through you. I pray that your passion will always burn strongly. I knew from the time you were little that had God placed that fierce passion in you for a reason and what a blessing it is to see it bear fruit. These kids' lives will never be the same and they will never forget you.

Praying as the countdown begins for your big mission trip. And if I haven't told you lately, I'm so blessed to call you my brother!

Love you, Shelli

Anonymous said...

By the way, that's "God had placed." Sorry, just couldn't stand to leave it alone. Sad, isn't it?

Shelli
The OCD Proofreader

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouragement Shelli...I hope the teens keep knocking at the door for Jesus to come in.

Todd