We are starting to realize that certain displays of fun and creativity around the house...won't last forever. We are assured by parents of teens that with certain challenges of every age, come new and exciting opportunities as well. Yet, there is a part of you when reflective that wants to mourn certain "stages" kids can grow out of. Something I wish that our kids wouldn't grow out of is when they put on their super-hero costumes and literally become who they are dressed up to be in a creative and imaginary world that I would love to be a part of.With Batman, Robin, and Superman we had another superhero come into the midst who wanted to be in the pictures...pajama boy. Looks like a 1920's swimmer but he realized the moment at hand as our boys were posing for pictures several months ago that they wanted to be put on the blog. I love the innocence and imagination of children...Easton even displayed that through expressive dancing behind me as I led singing at V.B.S. this week. All my boys came up behind me last night to dance to the songs and Isaac led a prayer on stage last night in front of everyone with his older brother following it up with another (they call it prayer warrior time at the end of every night at VBS). I Love the willingness and being uninhibited...why do we tend to lose that as we get older and more "refined"!
Will be at Impact from the 13th - 21rst and will have Cole and Chase come through my class on Isaiah! Can you believe that? Love you guys and pray for us as summers are great for ministry, yet challenging on the family.

2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures. I can almost feel like I am there. You are so right ---time passes so swiftly. The super heroes weren't so big when you were growing up, but I do remember the Michael Jackson phase ( I doubt if you will want to be reminded of that). I think we still have the M.J. glove. Love you, Mom
Gotta love the glove phase!! MJ was the man for a while...then he wasn't a man anymore!!
Post a Comment